The rules for posting are simple!

1. Every Friday post a photo that includes one or more flowers.
2. Please only post photos you have authority to use.
3. Include a link to this blog in your post - http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/
4. Leave the link to your FloralFridayFoto post below on inlinkz.
5. Visit other blogs listed ... comment & enjoy!

When to Post:
inlinkz will be available every Thursday and will remain open until the next Wednesday.

Thursday 18 December 2014

FFF161 - HIBISCUS 'ATHENACUS'

Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, known colloquially as Chinese hibiscus, China rose, Hawaiian hibiscus, and shoe flower, is a species of flowering plant in the Hibisceae tribe of the family Malvaceae, native to East Asia.

It is widely grown as an ornamental plant throughout the tropics and subtropics. As it does not tolerate temperatures below 10 °C, in temperate regions it is best grown under glass. However, plants in containers may be placed outside during the summer months or moved into shelter during the winter months.Numerous varieties, cultivars, and hybrids are available, with flower colours ranging from white through yellow and orange to scarlet and shades of pink, with both single and double sets of petals. The cultivar 'Cooperi' has gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit.

Illustrated here is a Flamenco™ Hibiscus 'Athenacus', featuring spectacular long-lasting (4-5 days) large flowers. These varieties have a compact, well branched habit that provides a neat frame for the lush dark green foliage and the many spectacular full blooms that appear continuously during the warmer months.

Join me for Floral Friday Fotos by linking your flower photos below, and please leave a comment once you have done so!
If you link your post here, it is common courtesy to show a link back to this site on your blog post...

11 comments:

  1. So fresh and such a brilliant yellow I had no idea that hibiscus came in yellow.
    Thank you for hosting this lovely blog and wishing you a happy lively/peaceful [as it suits] Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a variety that I enjoy on Maui with a bit more red in the center, called "Hula Girl." Great flower with a great name. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourites. :) Thanks for hosting and I wish you a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At our previous condo we lived we had these white hibiscus, and a slightly different kind in yellow, and they bloomed up to Dec. Where I live now I haven't seen any! If I don't get to my blog next Thurs., wishing you a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful light in this flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect, and as always, the water droplets add so much in ambience. Have a wonderful holiday and thank you for hosting this beautiful and informative meme site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Nick,
    I love Hibiscus ♥♥♥

    Sorry, but I cannot edit my link!!!
    Here you can find my new Floral Friday Flowers:

    http://www.reflexionblog.de/blog/2014/12/19/genau-hingeschaut/

    Have a nice weekend,
    moni

    Thanks if you visit my blog
    http://www.reflexionblog.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Nick, Beautiful Hibiscus. I have a blue one, and never with green leaves like yours! Mine are (yellowish)Maybe the conditions are not the best. I have to wait until august to see it flowering again. Thanks for hosting my blog.Groetjes,

    Hetty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heisann! I wish you A Merry Christmas, I wish you A Merry Christmas, and A Happy New Year, tra, la,la....
    Chistmas hugs from me;:OD)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cheerful and gorgeous hibiscus. Unfortunately it`s too cold for them here in Norway. Thanks for hosting Floral Friday!

    ReplyDelete